Submissions are not limited by style or subject matter (portraits, landscapes, etc.), however:
1. All work submitted must be the copyright of the photographer.
2. Photographs must be made in the current calendar year (2019).
3. Photographs must be made in counties within the thirteen-state region the Appalachian Regional Commission defines as Appalachian (here).
4. Submissions are open through midnight, 31 December 2019.
5. Before submitting work for consideration, please read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IMPORTANT: Include the date (month, day, and year), city, county, and state. Submissions must be in .JPG format, sized at 1500 pixels on the longest side, 72ppi. File names must include your last name and the city, county, and state where the photograph was made (example: maychattaroymingowv2.jpg). Please do not watermark or add text to your submissions. Submissions received in any other format will not be accepted.
Please include a telephone number with your submission(s).
Photographs will be indexed by the state in which they were made. You are not limited to submitting work about one state, however please be aware of the ARC map boundaries.
You can email or Dropbox submissions and questions to project director Roger May.